In Ukraine, hundreds of children in orphanages are waiting for loving and caring parents. Many have never experienced the warmth and joy that comes from a forever family because they were abandoned after birth and others were neglected or abused by their biological parents. Mostly children are placed to orphanages due to parental neglect or physical abuse. They are regular children who unfortunately had to be removed from their families; the only difference is that these children have experienced much stress and difficulties in their lives. By adopting a child, you not only help the child grow up in a loving and caring environment, you form a bright and positive future. Adoption is a blessing for the child’s life and yours as well.
Every child has a right to have a loving and caring family. And we should always strive to improve the current situation and give homes to children. We all know that children are the flowers of life. Ukrainian orphan children are very special, vulnerable, they already had much experience despite the fact that they are kids. They need love, care, attention and the most important - they need a family!
Our MissionWe are adoption attorneys since 1999 and it is our goal to give you the best adoption experience you can find. We have the experience and compassion needed to see your journey through the end. We will always put your interests and needs as well as children's interests first.
Every adoption is different and sometimes there can be juridical problems. We have much experience in Ukrainian law system to solve issues in an easy and fast way. Also we have good connections in all regions of Ukraine and the DFC.
Ukrainian Adoption Criteria
Children available in Ukraine:
- Five years and older, with Caucasian appearances. Sibling groups available. The amendment exempts children with certain special needs, relative adoptions, and sibling adoptions.
- It's forbidden to adopt a single child under 5 y.o. but if the child under 5 y.o. is in the sibling group, then it's possible, for instance, one child should be older than 5 y.o. and the other one or two child/ren may be under 5 y.o. Some younger children are available classified with serious medical conditions from about 6-9 months (list of diseases here)
- Travel to Kiev for an interview in the Ministry where family will receive photos and information on available children. Some information on waiting children may be available prior to travel (not officially).
- Some children will need medical and/or developmental intervention.
- More boys are available than girls.
- Parents must be flexible.
- Couples should be married.
- Adoption can be completed with one parent only.
- Singles are not eligible.
Length of process:
- Preparation of adoption dossier takes 2-3 months.
- It takes a couple of weeks to get dossier filed in Ukraine.
- Parents make first trip approx. 1,5-2 months later after the dossier was submitted.
- Two or one trip to Ukraine required.
- First trip will be approximately 3-4 weeks, family comes home for 2 weeks, then one parent returns to Ukraine for about ten days.
- Alternatively, family can stay and complete the adoption process in one trip which is approx. 50-65 days.
What We Offer:
Our agency is based in Kiev, Ukraine. We are able to offer an inexpensive program from 7,000 to 10,000 depends on the age, health and the region where a child is placed. We work with adoptions since 1999 and it is our goal to give you the best adoption experience you can find. Our team is experienced in legal matters and we have much knowledge needed to see your journey through the end. We will always put your interests and needs as well as children's interests first.
- Our team includes lawyers, interpreters, regional facilitators and we offer an affordable adoption program
- We will give you a service invoice after your adoption, this means your expenses will be tax deductible
- We have US partners - adoption agencies that work with adoptions for many years, are Hague-accredited, reputable and honest
- We work with adoption in Ukraine since 1999 and completed about 1000 adoption processes
- Translation and notarization of your full dossier will take 2-3 days only
- We guarantee timely update on every document if there are any changes in the adoption law
- We can provide references from the families who used our team for adoption since 1999. References available under request
Please Note - US citizens
Ukraine is a non-Hague country (not a party to Hague Adoption Convention) and adoption process is cheaper and faster. Since July 2014 the United States of America made changes to the laws and under new requirements all adoptive parents should hire Hague-accredited agencies in the USA to start the process of international adoption and home study. We have contacts with a few partner US agencies that work with adoptions for many years, are Hague-accredited, reputable and honest. For more information contact us
Ukrainian laws haven’t changed and independent adoptions continue to work in our country. We are licensed to provide legal services in Ukraine and are able to do adoption processes in a legal way (not a private facilitator). For your information, a US adoption agency can’t do adoption process in Ukraine, as no US agency is authorized in our country. NB: There are many facilitators to choose from. While a few of them are reputable and provide good quality service, there are many that have no qualification, provide poor service and are dishonest. You should think carefully when selecting a facilitator or US agency, adoption is a complicated and serious legal process.
Those who are willing a healthy children under 2 y.o. please read - Surrogacy
PLEASE NOTE: For the past years situation extremely changed around adoption all over the world, especially when Russia bans adoption for US citizens. Actually US citizens CAN'T adopt Caucasian healthy infants anywhere in the world or it will take at least 5-8 years and cost tons of dollars. Ukraine does not have healthy children under 5 y.o. and under our laws adoption of children under 5 y.o. is forbidden, so you can't consider adoption in Ukraine if you wish a healthy baby.
We launched a Surrogacy program and if you wish to have a healthy infant who will genetically belong to you, please consider our surrogacy program. We already have a few US families who switched from adoption to surrogacy after Russia ban adoption for US citizens. The cost will be $37.000-42.000 total vs 100-140 thousands in the US. Visit our surrogacy website
Ukrainian Surrogacy Key Aspects
- Only 10-14 months from the beginning of the program to your own baby birth
- Just $37-42 thousands total fees, the cost is similar to the cost of Russia's baby adoption
- Payments paid in parts
- Use our adoption references for being sure that you will be properly taken care of, we have an experience in legal matters and we are always honest with our clients.
- There is no alternative to surrogacy nowadays as adoption of european babies is forbidden in all countries.
Should you have any questions, feel free to contact us, we'll explain everything to you taking into consideration your personal situation (skype available upon request, Ukraine time GMT+3).